Maintenance made easy
With Stormceptor®, maintenance is easy, uncomplicated and practically effortless.
Accumulated pollutants must be removed as part of a regular maintenance program. Though often overlooked by specifiers when selecting a stormwater treatment system, maintenance is fundamental to any system’s long-term performance.
Stormceptor maintenance recommendations
- Units should be inspected post construction, prior to being put into service.
- Inspect every six months for the first year to determine the oil and sediment accumulation rate.
- In subsequent years, inspections can be based on first-year observations or local requirements.
- Cleaning is required once the sediment depth reaches 15% of storage capacity, (generally taking one year or longer). Local regulations for maintenance frequency may vary.
- Inspect the unit immediately after an oil, fuel or chemical spill.
- A licensed waste management company should remove oil and sediment and dispose responsibly.